“Isn’t elegance forgetting what one is wearing?” – Yves Saint Laurent
I’ve been giving our bridal boudoir album a good test run. It seems like both women and men admire our bridal boudoir work- it’s seductive yet it has just the right balance of sophistication and modesty. Success! Most of all it’s empowering for women. On the other hand, there are some brides that look through our albums and giggle “I could never do that”. Give me an opportunity to prove you wrong. There is nothing more beautiful than a woman who indulges in her own skin.
And the key is, finding the right photographer to work with so that you feel comfortable. A good photographer knows how to work with you to emphasis your assets. If you’re more comfortable working with a female photographer, let us know and we can arrange it for you. We’re all full members of the AIPP (Australian Institute of Professional Photography). We’ll create an environment in which you’ll feel at ease. Our team of professional make-up and hair stylists will pamper and transform you.
This is the beautiful Nina, and we shot this bridal boudoir session at the Brisbane Treasury Casino. Many of the shots in our portfolio are shot using natural window lighting and/ or a combination of window lighting and flash. But for Nina’s shoot we decided to go for something more dramatic. We drew the curtains shut and shot with studio lighting. This particular image was shot with a Canon EF 50mm F/1.2 L USM Lens at ISO 100
Make-up and Hair: Amy Tsai
I’d like to also offer some tips for preparing for your bridal boudoir session:
- Don’t get a spray tan before your shoot, it can stain the lingerie and often look orange.
- A few hours before…Wear loose clothing to the shoot in order to prevent pressure marks on your skin.
- Come to the shoot with a clean face and hair (no products) so that our professional Makeup-artist/hair stylist can work their magic.
- Bring as many outfits and accessories as you can. We have a large selection of studio wardrobe which we can use to mix and match. Alternatively, we have professional stylists who can help you source your boudoir outfits from head to toe. Think veils, bouquets, birdcages…!
- Bring a friend with you along to the shoot
- Book in early so that we can get your album designed and made in time for your wedding (allow us 6-8 weeks). Saturdays are usually reserved for weddings, so find a Sunday afternoon or a weekday to schedule your bridal boudoir session. Remember, your bridal boudoir session doesn’t have to be during the day time, we work after usual business hours as well up to 11pm.
- Many brides book in their session on the day of their hen’s party and it’s a great idea since you’ll most likely have booked a hotel room to spend the night with your closest girl friends.
- And relax… if you’re nervous it shows in the photos. Be comfortable in your own skin….in the wise words of Yves Saint Laurent…. Forget what you’re wearing, or what you’re not wearing.